In late 1923 while Prohibition still curtailed distilling in Ontario, the Gooderham family sold Gooderham & Worts to Harry C. Hatch and his associates for $1.5 Million. Early in 1924, an exceptionally detailed appraisal of the property was produced. This lengthy document (almost 600 pages) documents the buildings and equipment right before Hatch expanded the distillery in 1927. The building numbers are mostly – but not completely – the same as the post-expansion numbering system. The report also documents buildings that were later demolished.